Ready to start searching listings and hitting open Apartments home in Addis Ababa? Save yourself some time by first identifying exactly what you need and want in an Apartment using our checklist.
You’ve been thinking of it and know what you can afford, so it’s time to start home shopping. But the hunt for your dream home will stall rapidly if you don’t know what that “dream” looks like.
It’s easy to talk in generalities about wanting a “big” house or a “medium” home. But to better target your real estate search, you must think specifically about your dream dwelling. Will your Apartment be big and modern? When you say “medium” home, what square meter?
Before you visit another Apartment, sit down and make a list of your needs and wants — and yes, those are two different things. You may want a pool, but you probably could live without it. (Plus, it’s worth considering that having a pool could raise your home insurance costs.) Understand that your requirements list will likely change as you learn more about your housing options.
Use the tips and questions below to help you pinpoint what you like and don’t like about your current home, so you can find more comfort and pleasure in your dream home. Then, make time to rank specific Apartment features as “Must Have,” “Like to Have” or “Don’t Care” using this printable checklist.
Know your finances
Getting your finances in order before searching for your dream home can make all the difference in a competitive market. Determining your budget and how much financial wiggle room you have can help put your must-haves more clearly into view. Ask yourself:
- What’s your price range?
- How much do you have saved for a down payment? What about future repairs?
- Are you willing to do extra renovations or do you want a turnkey property?
Pick your preferred home style and type
Once you have the basics figured out, it can help lay the groundwork for determining what features you want in Apartments. Consider the different types of houses on the market in the neighborhoods where you want to buy. And remember you can find standard and luxury Apartments when searching for homes on the Metropolitan Real Estate website to help narrow down your options. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you want to live in Standard Apartments or luxury ones?
- How many bedrooms?
- How many bathrooms?
- Want private storage?
- What type of flooring do you like?
- What architectural styles do you like best?
- What’s your favorite room, and what makes spending time there enjoyable?
- If you have an outdoor space, do you enjoy spending time there?
Choose a location
You can change your paint colors to refresh the feel of your Apartment or add a decorative feature, but you can’t alter where your Apartment is located. When finding your dream home, it’s easy to get caught up in its features, but you should also consider your surroundings:
- Do you prefer the city center or the side of the city?
- Do you want easy access to highways or public transportation?
- How important is the view?
- Can you sleep easily with traffic noise?
- Do you want to be involved in community activities?
- Are there parks within walking or biking distance?
Document your visit
When it’s time to take your Apartment tour, check the features against the checklist you made. Do you need to re-evaluate any of your must-haves?
Get a feel for the home and consider anything you may have left off of your list. Remember, paint can be replaced, and staged furniture will change, but some aspects can’t change so easily:
- Is there enough space or too much space?
- Where could you use more space?
- How would you describe the layout?
- Do you like the fixtures and finishes?
- Are you happy with the windows (enough natural light, well-placed, too sunny)?
- Does the home have curb appeal?
- Does the home have adequate parking?
Metropolitan Real Estate offers a consulting service about everything you should know about buying Apartments. Once you know what you’re looking for in a home, you’ll be ready to find a real estate to partner with consulting. Identifying your priorities will help you find the perfect property. Happy Apartment hunting!
Let us connect today, on Metropolitan Real estate, which has multiple ongoing projects such as Metropolitan Central Tower Luxury Apartments are around AU headquarters. Metropolitan Westview Standard Apartments located at Total Soset Kuter Mazoriya and The Metropolitan Residence located around Bole Main Road, In front of Mega Building. If you are ready to begin your journey on the way to becoming a homeowner, please contact us with the Ethiopian office: +251973404040 and USA office: +1480 280 2242.