As a first-time homebuyer, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed even before you begin your homebuying journey. After all, this is a new process for you, and simply you don’t know what you don’t know.
First off, there are no silly questions you can ask during any stage of the homebuying process. So always feel free to ask a question before you decide to buy a house, no matter how trivial you think it might be. You owe it to yourself – and your family – to find out everything you can about a home, especially since it will most likely be the largest investment you’ll ever make.
To help you get started, we’ve created a list of 10 questions to ask yourself before you decide to buy a house, broken down into each stage of the home buying process to help keep you informed.
- Do you want to earn equity and build wealth by owning a house in Addis Ababa?
- Do you expect you might need more space for a future family?
- Are you looking for a standard quality or Luxury property?
- Do you want to live in a quiet, established area or somewhere more lively?
- Have you considered the local schools and neighborhoods?
- Is it essential for you to live close to your work? Or, is a commute, ok?
- Have you narrowed down a range of purchase prices you can afford?
- How much money do you need for a down payment?
- Are you looking for Apartments or villas?
- If you are purchasing for investment purposes, what is the return on investment of the property?